If there’s one thing we love about November, is that it’s peak asparagus season! This trusty shoot vegetable is not only great in quiches, salads or as nature intended but are also a good source of folate and a source of niacin, thiamin, riboflavin and Vitamins C, B6 and K.
Looking for something different to take to your next BBQ? Why not try this festive Asparagus and Strawberry Christmas Wreath Salad from 5+ A Day Charitable Trust for something a little extra that will have everyone talking!
1. Blanch asparagus in boiling water for three minutes, drain and splash in cold water
2. On a large serving platter or board place a saucer or small plate in the centre (this will help create a uniform wreath)
3. Around the plate, place the salad leaves, top with the blanched asparagus, sliced strawberries and sprinkle feta on top, then pepper
4. Remove plate and place whole strawberries and mint in the centre
5. Drizzle with your favourite dressing just before serving
NB:This salad is quick to create and makes a fantastic festive dish for any Christmas occasion.